Beer Can Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (1-5lbs)
- 1 Beer Can
- Tsalt Chicken Lickin' (any Tsalt would work, don't be afraid to get creative or mix blends aka Chicken Licken x Mongol)
- Start by removing the inside packaging (if applicable), washing with cold water and drying the chicken.
- Season generously with your favorite flavor of Tsalt, make sure entire chicken is coated. Feel free to marinate or brine chicken overnight, if you plan ahead.
- Take your beer can, drink half, then insert the bottom end of the chicken over the beer can so the chicken can balance upright. Move the chicken legs into appropriate positions so it is stable.
- Now you’re ready to cook!
- You want to cook the chicken over indirect heat, meaning the chicken should not be sitting directly over open flame. If you have a two burner grill, turn on one side and place chicken on the opposite. For 3 burners-you can either leave the middle burner off and place chicken in the center or turn the left 2 burners on and place chicken on far right.
- Again, make sure the chicken is stable on the grill before letting it roast.
- Allow to cook for around 1 hour and 15 to 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches it’s ideal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Be sure to rotate chicken 90 degrees every 25 minutes or so for even cooking and crispy skin around the whole chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in pyrex pan or baking sheet (high walls preferred for juices). Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the chicken reaches it’s perfect temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the grill safely with tongs and gloves.
- Let chicken sit for 5 minutes before cutting.