- 2-3lbs - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4lb of fresh prosciutto
- 2 Cups mozzarella cheese
- Tsalt - Mongol
- Chicken Broth
- Red Wine
- Demi glacé
- Thinly slice your chicken breasts. One chicken breast should make 3 pieces of chicken. Slice horizontally for best results. Always be careful and keep your fingers out of the way.
- Season both sides with Tsalt - Mongol.
- Cook each side of chicken for 1-2 minutes, or until slightly browned (your chicken will continue to cook in the oven in future step)
- Neatly lay out chicken breasts in oven-safe pan, preferably pyrex, and allow to cool.
- Make the Broth. Start by adding a red wine of your choice to the same pan used to cook the chicken. Turn heat to medium and reduce. After 5-10 minutes on medium heat, add chicken broth and demi glacé. Continue to stir and reduce heat to low and simmer. If you need to thicken the sauce, you should create a Roux (pronounced "Roo"): mix even parts butter and flour (1-2tsp at a time) and put it in the mcirowave for 20 seconds then stir with a spoon creating a paste. Stir this into your broth and let simmer.
- Now that your broth is ready, add prosciutto to the chicken, try to cover as much of the chicken as possible for best results later.
- Smother in Mozzarella Cheese
- I always make a second batch, as this can be somewhat time consuming and is also my favorite dish. This is a meal that you can prep ahead of time and cook whenever, or toss it in the oven right after prepping it.
- To cook: add broth to the chicken and cover in foil. Cook at °375 for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and broth is boiling. Remove foil and cook 5-10 minutes to brown the cheese. (Remember: The chicken was almost thoroughly cooked in Step 3. This step is to melt everything together and infuse the delicious broth into the chicken.)
- Serve, and enjoy!