Tsalt Red Velvet Smoked Pork Shoulder (Pork Butt)
- 1 Large Pork Shoulder (commonly referred to as Pork Butt) 4-12lbs
- Tsalt Red Velvet (1/4 Cup to 1/2 Cup depending on Pork size)
- Pellet Grill, Smoker, or Slow Cooker
- Season all sides of the pork butt with Tsalt Red Velvet. Amount varies by size of Pork Butt, but typically 1/4 Cup to 1/2 Cup gives the pork the most flavor.
- Rest the pork butt in a refrigerator for at least 2 hours on a wire cooling rack or aluminum tray pan.
- If using a Pellet Grill or Smoker, prepare your grill for low and slow smoking at 200°F
- If using a slow cooker, set your slow cooker to Low and cook fat side up for up to 8 hours
- Place the pork butt fat side down on your aluminum cooking tray. This helps protect the meat and give your non-fat side a perfect smoked char. You can put the meat directly on the grill grates, but I find the pork can lose a lot of its moisture with this method.
- Smoke for 8 hours at 200°F then raise the cooking temperature to 225°F
- Continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 190° or a probe thermometer slides in with little to no resistance.
- Remove the pork butt from the grill and rest for 15-30 minutes before pulling
- Serve on Hawaiian Rolls or small Street Taco Flour Tortillas with Monterey Jack cheese.
← Older Post
Newer Post →